Are you a beginner in drawing anime and want to learn how to draw an anime couple? You are in the right place! In this guide, we will walk you through the process of creating a beautiful and unique anime couple. From sketching the basic shapes to adding details and shading, we have got you covered. Let’s get started!
Before we start, let’s gather some essential materials we will need.
– Drawing paper
– Pencil HB or B
– Eraser (kneaded and regular)
– Fine-tipped markers and/or pens (optional)
Now that we have all the materials let’s dive into the process.
Step 1: Sketching the Basic Forms
Start by sketching basic shapes to create the outline of the couple. You can begin by drawing a small circle for the head and larger circles for the body. Join these shapes with lines to form the body posture. Be sure to keep the proportions in mind while sketching.
– Use light pencil strokes to draw the basic shapes, as you will need to erase them later.
Step 2: Adding Details to the Faces
Now we can start drawing the character’s faces with more detail. Use the circle you drew in step 1 as a guide to make the face. Next, draw the hair, the eyes, and the nose. For the mouth, decide whether you want to draw an open mouth or closed mouth for your couple.
– Don’t hesitate to use references when drawing the faces, it will help you create more realistic features.
Step 3: Sketching the Clothing
Next, draw the couple’s clothing. Start with the outfit’s basic shapes and work on the details once the basic form is complete. Make sure both characters’ clothing complements each other well.
– You can use Pinterest or other sources, such as anime shows or cartoons, for clothing references.
Step 4: Adding More Details
At this point, you can start adding more details to your drawing, such as the patterns, folds, and shadows of the clothes. Draw the couple’s hands and feet, including even minor details.
– Add some movement by drawing wind-blown hair or flowing clothing to make your drawing more dynamic.
Step 5: Erasing and Revising
After adding all of the details, go back and erase the temporary pencil lines used to create the basic shapes. Then, revise the sketch, and change any areas that look off or need improvement.
– Do not erase lines immediately, wait until the end to make sure that you can see the final picture better.
Step 6: Inking and Coloring
Finally, go over your pencil drawing with a pen and ink the final lines. You can use colored pencils or markers to color your drawing if you desire.
– Be patient while coloring, make sure that you cover all necessary areas.
Step 7: Shading and Highlights
For the final touch, add shading to your characters, giving them a 3D appearance and depth. Also, add highlights to certain areas, such as the eyes or hair, to make them stand out more.
– Practice shading more, and experiment with different tones to find what works best for you.
Drawing an anime couple requires practice, patience, and a steady hand. By following these simple steps, you will improve your drawing skills and create fantastic anime couples. With time and practice, you will soon be able to create your unique styles and characters.
1. How can I improve my anime drawing skills?
Practice is essential, follow tutorials, watch other artists draw, and use references.
2. What anime shows should I watch if I want to learn to draw anime better?
Some recommended anime shows to watch for characters’ forms and styles are Naruto, Attack on Titan, and Sailor Moon.
3. How can I line my drawings without messing up?
Practice with a light hand, start from the center and work your way out, and if you do mistake, don’t worry, use the eraser and try again.
4. How can I make my anime couple stand out?
Try putting unique elements that you like into the characters, such as quirky accessories or an unusual hair color.
5. How long does it take to be good at anime drawing?
It varies from person to person, but dedication, practice, and patience are key.
6. Can I use a digital art tablet for drawing anime couples?
Of course! Digital art tablets can be much more comfortable to use and offer more flexibility in colors and effects.