Drawing Levi from “Attack on Titan” can be intimidating, but with this step-by-step guide, even beginners can master the art. Follow these steps to create a detailed and realistic drawing of Levi:
– Pencil (preferably a 2H or HB for light sketching)
– Paper (preferably sketching paper)
Step 1: Basic Shapes
Before you can begin adding details, it’s essential to sketch out the basic shapes. Start with a circle for the head and add a rectangular shape for the body. Sketching the basic shapes helps you get the proportions right.
– Use light lines so that they can be erased easily.
– Draw an oval shape for the upper body and smaller circles for the joints.
Step 2: Detailing the Body
Once you have sketched out the basic shapes, add more detail to the body. Start by sketching limbs and then add in the torso. Pay attention to the joints, and keep the proportions correct.
– Use references for the joints and limbs’ positions.
– Be patient with yourself, take your time with adding details.
Step 3: Drawing the Face
Levi’s face is an essential aspect of his character, so take your time with this step. Sketch out the structure of the face before adding details like eyes, eyebrows, and the nose.
– Sketch out the shape of the jawline and cheekbones before adding the eyes.
– Use references for facial expressions.
Step 4: Adding Clothes and Textures
Now that you have the basic shapes and details of the body and head, you can move to the clothes and textures. Levi’s clothing is a critical part of his character and is often made of intricate designs and textures.
– Use references to get details of the clothing right.
– Use light lines to add textures and shading, and avoid making it too dark.
Step 5: Shading
Shading is the most challenging part of the drawing process, but it’s what gives the drawing lifelike depth and dimension. Begin by shading the darker areas of the drawing and work your way up to the lighter areas.
– Use your pencil to create different shades of grey to show the depth and dimension.
– Pay attention to the light source and the direction of the shadows.
Step 6: Final Touches and Erasing
Once you’ve finished shading, take a closer look at the drawing and add any final touches, such as highlights or details you may have missed. Finally, use an eraser to go over any stray lines that you no longer need.
– Don’t be afraid to erase and start over if you make any mistakes.
– Take breaks during this step and come back with a fresh set of eyes.
Drawing Levi is all about taking your time, starting with the basic shapes, adding details, and finally, shading and adding textures. With enough practice and patience, you’ll be able to create a realistic and detailed drawing of Levi.
1. What should I do if I can’t get the proportions right?
Don’t be disheartened. Drawing perfect proportions takes time and practice. Refer back to reference images, and gradually work toward achieving the right proportions.
2. What pencil should I use?
It’s best to use a 2H or HB for the initial sketching, as they are lighter and easier to erase if you make a mistake.
3. Is it necessary to use references when drawing Levi?
Using references is highly recommended as they can help you get the details and proportions right.
4. How long does it take to draw Levi?
The time it takes to draw Levi depends on your skill level and how detailed you want your drawing to be. It can take anywhere from 1 hour to a few days to complete a drawing of Levi.
5. Should I use a shading tool for shading?
You can use a shading tool to smooth out shading, but it’s not necessary. A pencil alone can produce good shading.
6. How can I make my Levi drawing stand out?
Experiment with color pencils, markers or paint. Try to add colors that go well with his clothes or choose ones that suit your style.
7. Can I change Levi’s pose?
Yes, you can change a pose based on your preference, but It is important to use references to make sure the poses are anatomically correct.
8. How do I get better at drawing Levi?
Practice and patience are the keys to getting better. It takes time to acquire the skills, so keep practicing and don’t be afraid to go back to step one to improve your basics.
9. Can I draw Levi far away or should I draw him up close and personal?
You can draw Levi from any angle and distance, be creative and experiment with different angles. But remember to stick to proportions and keep his characteristics consistent.
10. Do I have to follow this guide exactly?
No, you don’t have to follow this guide exactly. The guide is meant to give you an idea of the process and some tips on how to draw Levi. You can always add your style to the drawing.