Drawing Nemo is a fun and exciting way to learn how to draw. This step-by-step guide is designed to help beginners achieve a great-looking Nemo drawing by following simple steps and tips.
Before we get started, make sure you have the following materials:
- Colour pencils/crayons or markers
- Drawing paper
Step One: Basic Shapes
To begin, draw a circle for the body and a slightly smaller circle for the head. These circles should overlap slightly. Then, sketch a line down the center of the circles to divide the body and head. This will help us position the fins and tail at the right spots.
Step Two: Sketch the Fins and Tail
Using the circles as a guide, draw the dorsal fin on the back of the body and then the pectoral fins on the sides of the body. Next, draw the tail fin at the bottom of the body. Be sure to add details to the fins, such as the ridges on the dorsal fin and the curves on the tail.
Step Three: Sketch the Eyes and Mouth
Nemo has large, expressive eyes. Draw two ovals on the head, leaving a small space between them. Next, draw a tiny black circle inside each eye and shade it in. After this, draw the mouth using a curved line that starts under the eyes.
Step Four: Add Details
Once you have the basic shapes and features in place, it’s time to start adding details. Draw the stripes on Nemo’s body. They should be thin, wavy lines that curve in different directions. Also, add the gills on the sides of Nemo’s head. They are bunches of thin, diagonal lines that are close together.
Step Five: Shade and Colour
Now, it’s time to add depth and dimension to Nemo. Shade the stripes and gills lightly with a pencil. Then use your markers or coloured pencils to colour Nemo’s body and fins in orange. Make sure to leave the stripes white. Then, use black for the fins and white for the belly.
Step Six: Finishing Touches
Finally, add any finishing touches that you think Nemo might need. You can add bubbles, rocks, or other sea creatures in the background if you like.
To make your Nemo drawing even better, keep these Drawing Techniques in mind:
- Use light pencil strokes until you’re confident with the position and direction of each line.
- Don’t be afraid to erase and try again if you make a mistake.
- Use different shades of orange and yellow to add depth to Nemo’s body.
- Shade the fins and body with short brisk strokes to give it a natural look.
- Use a kneaded eraser to lighten or remove the pencil marks after you have drawn the black lines to add more contrast to your drawing.
- Add shadows under and around Nemo to give it a floating effect.
By following these step-by-step instructions, tips, and techniques, you can create an impressive Nemo drawing that you’ll be proud to show off. Remember to take your time, have fun, and enjoy the process.
1. What is the best way to hold a pencil for drawing?
Hold your pencil as if you’re about to write, using a tripod grip (three fingers). The pencil should be tilted slightly downward and be in contact with your hand at the base of your thumb.
2. Can I use a computer or tablet to draw Nemo?
Yes, you can use digital tools that come with drawing programs. However, be sure to check if the software has a pressure-sensitive function for drawing.
3. Does Nemo always have to be drawn in orange?
No, Nemo can be drawn in any color you choose, or even in black and white.
4. How long does it take to finish a Nemo drawing?
It depends on your skill level and how much time you want to devote to the drawing. A simple Nemo drawing can be completed in an hour while more detailed ones may take a few hours or more.
5. Do I have to be good at drawing to create a Nemo drawing?
No, anyone, despite their skill level, can create a Nemo drawing. It’s all about practice, following tips, and allowing yourself to have fun with it.
6. Can I make changes to the drawing as I go along?
Yes, it’s crucial to make changes and adjustments as you go along. Each step builds on the previous one, so you can always go back and erase or add new details.